INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test FAQ
1. What are SARS-CoV-2 antibodies?
Antibodies are protective proteins that are produced by the immune system when the body encounters foreign substances, called antigens. These antibodies include Immunoglobulin M (IgM), which is produced 5-7 days after infection, and Immunoglobulin G (IgG), which is produced 10-15 days after infection.
2. How are SARS-CoV-2 antibodies produced?
Antibodies are produced by the immune system when SARS-CoV-2 antigens are present in the body. Antigens can be introduced to the body through infection or vaccination.
3. How does the INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test work?
When a virus invades the human body, the immune system produces antibodies to resist viral infection. The INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test can detect antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 virus in human blood, thereby indicating whether you have been previously infected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus or have been recently vaccinated.
4. How much blood is needed for this test?
To ensure the accuracy of your test result, you should add enough blood to fill up the sample well of the test device (a large drop of blood is enough).
5. If I am not vaccinated, but have received a positive result from the INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test, what should I do?
If you are not vaccinated, but have received a positive result from the INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test, it is likely that you are currently or was previously infected with SARS-CoV-2. Please contact your medical provider or local health authorities immediately to arrange a COVID-19 PCR test for diagnosis.
6. If the INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test indicates a negative result, what should I do?
INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test can only determine whether antibodies are present in the blood at the time of test. During the early stage of an infection, it is possible to receive a negative test result due to the body producing antibodies at a concentration level below the limit of detection of the test. Hence, this product cannot rule out the possibility of SARS-CoV-2 infection. If you have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case, it is recommended that you arrange a COVID-19 PCR test for diagnosis.
7. Has INDICAID®passed any clinical verification? How accurate is it?
INDICAID®has passed stringent clinical verifications, reaching a relative sensitivity and specificity of 97% and 99% respectively. The overall accuracy of this product is higher than other products of its kind on the market.
8. Has INDICAID®received any international certifications?
INDICAID®is certified by the world's top international authorities, having received the US FDA Emergency UseAuthorisation and the European Union's CE certification.
Testing after vaccination
9. How long would it take after vaccination before I can get antibodies?
The time and amount of antibodies produced in the body after vaccination will vary depending on the type of vaccine used and the immune response of the individual. Generally speaking, body will produce higher concentrations of antibodies about 14-30 days after the second dose.
10. How long should I wait after vaccination before I use the INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test?
After vaccination, the amount and time needed to produce antibodies may vary depending on the type of vaccine used and the immune response of the individual. We recommend conducting the INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test at least 2 weeks after getting your second dose of vaccine.
11. If the INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test indicates a negative result, what does it mean? What should I do?
If only the control line (C) is produced, it is indicative of a negative result. This means that no SARS-CoV-2 antibodies has been detected. Since the production of antibodies may vary from person to person, you can conduct another test in 2 weeks or consult your medical provider for more information.
12. If my INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test indicates a positive result, what does it mean?
A positive test result indicates that you are currently or previously infected by SARS-CoV-2 or has developed an immune response to the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine.
13. If the INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test indicates a positive result and contains the control line (C) And IgM line (IgM) But not the IgG line (IgG), what does it mean? What should I do?
IgM antibodies are the first type of antibodies produced in response to the SARS-CoV-2 antigen, which will stay in the body for 1-8 weeks before its production gradually diminishes. IgG is only produced during late-stage infection or 7-15 days post vaccination, in which the later production of IgG antibodies may cause the presence of only the control line (C) and IgM line (IgM) in your antibodies test result.
In addition, the amount of time needed to produce antibodies may vary depending on the type of vaccine used and the immune response of the individual. You can consider arranging another test for IgG antibodies in 2 weeks.
14. If the INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test indicates a positive result and contains three lines, including control line (C), IgM line, and IgG line, what does it mean? What should I do?
If the control line (C), the IgM line (IgM), and the IgG line (IgG) are present, it means that both the IgM and IgG antibodies are present in your body.
15. The IgM and IgG lines on my INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test result appears faint. What does it mean?
The color intensity of the test lines may vary. Any test line, even if faint, should be interpreted as a line and is indicative of the presence of the relevant antibody. This test only performs qualitative detection of antibodies and does not provide quantitative data on specific antibodies.
16. If antibodies are detected in my body, will I still get infected with COVID-19?
It is still possible to get infected by COVID-19 after vaccination. However, compared to people who have not been vaccinated, vaccinated individuals tend to have a lower viral count and exhibit less severe symptoms upon infection. How long antibodies last in the body may vary from the type of vaccine used and from person to person.
Product demo video
Check out our INDICAID®COVID-19 IgM/IgG Rapid Test demonstration video here: