【Rapid Test】300000 Free Test Kits - How to Use?
Home Affairs Department will distribute 300,000 complimentary INDICAID® COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (INDICAID®) to residents in need across all 18 districts in the coming few weeks, in order to crack down on silent transmission chains in the community. But what is rapid antigen test? How and where do we use it?
What is antigen?
An antigen is a molecule or molecular structure present in a pathogen that, when detected in the human body, can trigger an immune response. Antigens are present in the SARS-CoV-2 virus, and can bound with specific antibodies. When a virus enters a human body and begins to multiply, the body begins to react to the viral antigens, possibly resulting in symptoms.
About INDICAID® Rapid Antigen Test
INDICAID® is a lateral flow immunoassay designed for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigens in direct nasal swab samples.
INDICAID® is easy to use:
- Collect anterior nasal swab specimens
- No special equipment or facilities needed, allowing you to test anywhere anytime
- Intuitive visual results in 20 minutes
Operating Instruction Video
Who may need to use rapid antigen test?
Rapid antigen test is suitable for anyone who wants to regularly check their infection status to safeguard one’s health and lower the transmission risk. The following groups are recommended to use INDICAID for regular testing purpose:
*Please refer to the government’s latest announcement for more distribution details
#INDICAID® is able to provide you with a convenient and fast approach to confirm your COVID-19 infection status (not a substitute for the government’s compulsory testing requirement). Should you wish to receive a PCR test report recognized by the government, please make a booking at our Central INDICAID labTM for PCR test (reports applicable for compulsory testing) or click here for more service details。
- Check compulsory testing requirement & different testing routes
Advantages of Rapid Antigen Test
Rapid antigen test can provide results much faster than PCR test do (within 30 minutes in normal cases), its easy-to-use nature allows users to self-test and obtain intuitive results at home. Also, the cost of each test is relatively lower.
INDICAID®4 Major Edges
1. Widely Adopted in Hospitals & Organizations
Due to INDICAID®'s easy-to-use nature and ability to provide results quickly, it has been widely adopted in local hospitals and organizations, including:
- Public hospitals & residential care services for the elderly*
- All frontline staff of Hospital Authority
- All staff and visitors of Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital
- Retail and other corporations
*Considering the recent pandemic, Hospital Authority has tightened the testing requirements for compassionate visits at public hospitals, visitors must provide a negative COVID-19 nucleic acid test or rapid antigen test result.
2.Able to detect the presence of COVID-19 variants (incld. Delta & Omicron)
INDICAID®Recombinant N protein from Alpha(B.1.1.7), Beta(B.1.351), Delta(B.1.617.2), Epsilon(B.1.2), Zeta(B.1.1.28) and Omicron (B.1.1.529) variants were tested and found to be detectable by INDICAID®
- How does SARS-CoV-2 mutate?
- How do rapid antigen tests detect COVID-19 variants?
3.Able to detect asymptomatic individuals
Apart from effectively detecting COVID-19 infection status of symptomatic individuals, INDICAID® has detected presumptively asymptomatic patients in around 23,000 citizens according to the world-largest clinical study performed in HK communities in 2020-2021.
INDICAID® is the first COVID-19 product in Greater China that has acquired the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as well as the CE mark of the European Commission. Furthermore, INDICAID is one of the ® designated COVID-19 rapid testing brands of the HK government。
INDICAID®COVID-19 RAPID ANTIGEN TEST
- HK Government designated brand
- Widely adopted in hospitals and organizations
- Hong Kong No.1 best selling rapid testing brand*
- Intuitive results in 20 minutes
- Able to detect the presence of certain COVID-19 variants (incld. Omicron)
- Authorized by FDA EUA (applicable for asymptomatic individuals)
*Data from Watsons’s sales statistics (Jan-Dec 2021)