Rapid Antigen Test Kit FAQs
- Collect anterior nasal swab specimen
- Stir the swab into the buffer solution
- Drop 3 drops of the buffer solution into the test device
- Read the results promptly in 20 minutes (results after 25 minutes should not be used)
Positive: A line appears in regions (C) and (T)
Invalid Result: No line appears in the region (C)
Positive Result: Please contact us via our customer service hotline at 3700 8888, from 10:00 a.m.to 8:00 p.m. (Mon-Sun). We will provide further guidelines with regards to your situation.
Negative Result: Regular testing (at least once every week) is recommended. If you have had contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case, you are recommended to take a PCR test.
- Sensitivity: Measures the ability to correctly identify positive patient samples. If a test kit has a high sensitivity, it means that the kit has a high positive percentage agreement and a low false negative rate
- Specificity: Measures the ability to correctly identify negative patient samples. If a test kit has a high specificity, it means that the kit has a high negative percentage agreement and a low false positive rate
- People with relevant epidemiological or contact history with those who are suspected or have been infected with COVID-19.
- People who have recently travelled to communities, shopping malls or other places related to a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Frontline staff who are in frequent contact with customers.
- People who frequently use mass public transportation.
- People who attend large gatherings, visit communities or venues with a high population density.
- For low-risk populations, such as healthy and young individuals without frequent contact with crowds, it is recommended to test once per week
- For moderate-risk populations, such as staff in small and medium enterprises, it is recommended to test twice per week
- For high-risk populations, such as those who work in a dense and crowded environment or with the elderly, it is recommended to test every other day
- 病毒的變異是一個自然隨機過程。病毒變種引發關切的程度取決於其導致的傳染性、發病率、死亡率，及逃避檢測、免疫與治療的風險。目前在世界多地引發關切的變種病毒最早發現於英國、南非、巴西及印度，依世界衛生組織建議分別由希臘字母 Alpha、Beta、Gamma、Delta、Omicron 標記。
- Alpha 變種病毒：Alpha 最早在2020年9月被確認。其傳染力比原始的 SARS-CoV-2 病毒株高出約50％，而且能造成更多重症及更高的致命率。但 Alpha 可以被治療性單株抗體、接種疫苗後產生的抗體或感染 COVID-19 康復後所產生的抗體中和，這表明感染或接種疫苗後再次感染的風險都會降低，定期進行變種病毒檢測亦有助降低傳播變種病毒的風險。
- Beta 變種病毒：Beta 在2020年5月被確認，且在同年12月被歸類為高關注變異毒株 (VOC)。Beta 具有更高的傳染力，並且會降低單株抗體治療和疫苗的效力。雖然對於癒後血清所產生的中和作用已降低，但感染 COVID-19 康復後仍有可能再次被感染。
- Gamma 變種病毒：Gamma 在2020年11月於巴西被確認。Gamma 有能力避開抗體(單株治療抗體及感染 SARS-CoV-2 或接種疫苗所產生的抗體)產生的中和作用，因此會使二次感染及疫苗失效的感染風險大大提高。
- Delta變種病毒：Delta 在2020年10月於印度被確認，亦是在印度造成第二波疫情死傷最慘重的罪魁禍首。即使英國普遍群眾已完成接種疫苗，但最終還是因為 Delta 而被迫一再延長封城管制措施。Delta 的傳染力更強且能降低因感染和疫苗所產生的抗體效力，因而被認為是全球最棘手的變種病毒株。
- Ｏmicron 變種病毒：Omicron 在2021年11月首次於南非被發現，其比 Delta 還要高速2-4倍的傳播速度使病毒迅速蔓延至全球。不過，暫停 Omicron 導致重症及住院的風險較其他變種病毒低。
包括：Kappa (B.1.617.1譜系)、Epsilon (B.1.427譜系及B.1.429譜系)、Lambda (C.37譜系)和 Mu (B.1.621譜系)。
Increasing the self-immunity of the population by increasing vaccine coverage remains a top priority for countries around the world. Usually, it is also necessary to develop the habit of wearing a mask, washing hands frequently, regular work and rest, moderate exercise, and regular rapid testing and mutant virus detection to keep yourself away from the harm of Enhancing vaccine coverage and achieving herd immunity has become a major worldwide belief. It is still of paramount importance to maintain a habit to wear a face mask, wash your hands frequently, keep a regular routine and exercise, as well as get tested regularly, so that we can keep ourselves away from viruses.