【Mainland Border Reopen】Quota Booking & PCR Requirement
- Updates of Mainland Border Reopening
- Pre-Entry PCR Test Requirements
- Subsequent Phase of Mainland Border Reopening
- Entry Requirements Before Jan 8
Updates of Mainland Border Reopening
[IMPORTANT! Free PCR tests at local Community Testing Centers are not suitable for Mainland entry]
Recognized Sample Collection Methods for Mainland Entry
- Throat swab
- Nasopharyngeal swab
- Nasal and throat swabs
Either a printed or electronic version of the negative PCR test report is required for entry.
Post-Entry Quarantine Policy (Before Jan 8)
Requirements for travelling to the Mainland by land
From March 21, for persons travelling to the Mainland by land must hold a negative PCR test report for travel issued by a recognized medical testing institution, with specimen collected within 48 hours before immigration clearance, and must undergo a free additional PCR test at the control points prior to their departure from Hong Kong. After obtaining a reservation at a Shenzhen quarantine hotel, travellers should reserve a time slot through the online booking system for receiving the special PCR test on the day of departure (can book up to coming seven days).Special PCR Online Booking System
The free PCR test at the relevant control points is provided from 1 hour before the opening and 1 hour after the closure of the passenger clearance buildings. The process will take about 1 to 2 hours, passengers should check the latest opening hours of the control points and allow ample time to complete the immigration clearance after doing undergoing an on-site PCR test.
Entry Procedure to Guangdong
- Reserve your immigration quota and quarantine room online through the “Online Health Station Room Reservation System” (allow booking for up to 7 days with 2,000 daily quota), to obtain a "green" QR code (screenshot the code for record)
- Login “Customs Pocket Declaration” through WeChat and make health declaration to obtain a "black" QR code (screenshot the code for record)
- Obtain a negative PCR test report for travel recognized by the Guangdong & Hong Kong government with specimen collected within 24 hours before immigration clearance
- Scan “LeaveHomeSafe” in HK customs
- Fill out relevant documents and show the obtained "green" and "black" QR codes at Shenzhen Immigration Customs
- After customs clearance, wait for the designated bus to your allocated room for quarantine
Shenzhen Isolation Policy (Before Jan 8)
The quarantine policy upon entry to Guangdong is relaxed to “7+3”, a 7-day medical observation at the designated Health Station Room, followed by a 3-day self-monitoring at home.
Since the quarantine and entry policies of different provinces may vary, travellers should check the most updated information through the “State Council Portal WeChat Mini Program” or contact relevant government departments in Macao and other Mainland cities for the latest quarantine arrangement.
Shenzhen Quarantine Hotel – “Online Health Station Room Reservation System”
All travellers should reserve your quarantine room online through the “Online Health Station Room Reservation System”, all rooms are randomly allocated.
System Operational Hours: 9am-6pm every day
Result Announcement: 8pm every night
Shenzhen Home Quarantine Criteria
- Living alone in the Shenzhen residence;
- Family members from the same Shenzhen residence agree to undergo home quarantine together (leaving the residence is prohibited), while they are not required to do PCR tests;
- Family members from the same Shenzhen residence agree to temporarily move out during the period
Return2hk Scheme (Before Jan 8)
From 26 September 2022 onwards, all inbound persons from the Mainland or Macao (no travel history of overseas places or Taiwan the 7 days prior to arrival), whether they are entering Hong Kong via a land boundary control point or the Hong Kong International Airport, are not required for entry quota application, pre-arrival PCR test and home quarantine. However, they should complete electronic health declaration, more details are as follows:
COVID Test HK for Travel & Arrangement for Returning to Hong Kong
|Entry requirements||Table header 1|
|COVID Test||No pre-arrival PCR test required|
|Required Documents||Complete electronic health declaration and obtain a Green health declaration QR code|
|Post-Arrival Testing Requirements||Self-monitoring for 3 days;|
Undergo PCR test on day 2 of arrival at Hong Kong (the day of arrival is regarded as day 0)
Boundary control points (entry quota not required)
- Shenzhen Bay Control Point: From 9am to 8pm daily
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Hong Kong Port (Passenger immigration clearance service): From 10am to 8pm daily
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Hong Kong Port (Clearance service for private cars): From 6am to 10pm daily
- Hong Kong International Airport: 24-hour
Hong Kong Health Code
“Hong Kong Health Code” is an online system to facilitate quarantine-free travel and health declaration upon entry to Guangdong or Macao.
Apply for Hong Kong Health Code
1. Account Registration
Input personal details incl. name, ID document number, phone number and proof of HK residential address.
2. Account Activation
Access www.healthcode.gov.hk and choose “Logon” to input ID number and login password, and then input the PIN received earlier.
3. Upload Visit Records with “LeaveHomeSafe”
Update & launch “LeaveHomeSafe” and choose “Hong Kong Health Code” System, upload your visit records and input your login details.
4. View the “HK Health Code” Application Result
Access www.healthcode.gov.hk again and choose “Health Declaration and Application for Health Code”, declare your health status in the past 14 days and view the result.Apply for the HK Health Code Now
Meaning of Different HK Health Code Colours
HK Health Code of different colours are generated upon upload of your visit records of past 14 days:
|Colour of Code||Indication||Border Permit|
Household contacts of close contacts
Recovered COVID-19 patients who were discharged from hospital less than 14 days ago
Persons who are currently under compulsory quarantine
Persons who have shown symptoms in the past 14 days
|Yellow||Persons who have visited or resided in high-risk in the past 21 days|
Persons who have arrived at Hong Kong in less than 21 days (except for those who entered Hong Kong from the Mainland or Macao under the "Return2hk" or "Come2hk" Schemes)
|Green||The rest will be issued with the Green Code
(only valid up to 11:59pm on the day of application)